Saturday, July 20, 2013

Guardian Meeting

I am a little late in getting this post up but here it is.  I must start by saying that I was not really looking forward to this meeting.  I read a lot of negative reviews about Guardian as a whole.  My experience was a good one though.  Our SR was honest and personable and did not use any high pressure sales tactics that I had read was often the case.  He asked what service providers we used and what rooms we would want equipment in, then showed us what we would need to make it work.  Here is what we ended up with.
  • Pre-wire for wall mounted TV over the fireplace
  • Pre-wire for rear surround sound speakers in the basement (this will be used for the surround sound system that I currently have)
  • 5.1 Surround Sound system (ceiling mounted) in the family room
  • 3 high speed internet hookups in the loft, family room, and basement (upgraded to Cat6e)
  • 5 Pack of extra lines + 1 free line
    • Total cost for everything $2,305
The other things that were offered just did not have the value for me.  The central vac to me is just not worth the cost.  The intercom, my voice can carry to the neighbors house so this is definitely not needed.  As for the security system I see the value in it, I just have a hard time justifying the cost for a what-if scenario.  That is just me, always stressing about costs.

Thanks to our SR for making what I felt was going to be a bad experience, into a pleasant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment