Saturday, July 20, 2013

More Changes and Some of Our Own Additions

Well I posted this earlier today and I am already back on here to edit it.  We are going to stick with the fiberglass set-in shower in the master bathroom.  The reason for this is, that it is going to cost quite a bit more than we planned (over $3k) and still not really be what I was wanting.  I have relatives that are masons and can probably do this for much less cost in the future.  As a result we are going to drop the tile flooring in the master bath for now also.  We are switching it to the same resilient flooring that will be in the basement 1/2 bath.  We also made some changes to our other flooring selections earlier but our Rite Rug SR still has not submitted the codes and it has been more than a week since I told her.  We are now down to the wire as tomorrow is the last real day that we will have to meet and sign off on changes.  We did meet with our RH SR and made a few other changes today as follows.

  • Changed all bathroom fixtures, faucets, towel bars, TP holders, and shower door to oil rubbed bronze ($1,195)
  • Added 2 pendant lights over island ($395)
  • Added outlet on stone fireplace for mounted TV hookup ($195)
  • Delete master bathroom tile (-$995)
  • Other flooring changes (???? - still waiting :{  we are wanting to change from the laminate flooring to a hardwood flooring in the Entry, Dinette, and Kitchen, also we selected a carpet that was a little lighter in color)
Master Bathroom and Basement 1/2 Bath

Entry Foyer, Dinette, and Kitchen
Engineered 5" Handscraped Hickory Plank Hardwood
Frontier
The look in a room
The changed carpet color for the whole house

We have been looking at several different options for fixtures throughout the home.  This is some of the items that we are currently talking about purchasing for our home.
Family Room Ceiling Fan
I think this will be very fitting with the exterior styling and the stone fireplace.

Garage Door Opener
Changed from what I originally thought.  This one is a 3/4 hp, belt driven with 2 remotes, keypad, battery backup, auto close option (1, 5, or 10 min timer), plus a remote that links to lights in the house.
This one is only $10 more than the one I initially looked at but has a better warranty and more features.

Also we are debating getting a touch faucet for the Kitchen sink instead of the one I had posted previously.  It is about $140 more but would be so much more convenient.  I really do not like having to touch the faucet when I am cooking, especially with chicken.
Delta Addison Single-Handle Pull-Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet in Venetian Bronze with Touch2O Technology and MagnaTite Docking
Delta Addison with Pull-Down Sprayer and Touch Technology $355 at HD

4 comments:

  1. Hi Scott, just found your blog for the first time and see lots of good stuff here. My wife and I are about to close on a Palermo in upstate NY. We have the handscraped hickory throughout our entry and kitchen area and really like the way it came out. We also saw another color of it in the model and it looked great there too.

    I also laughed when I saw your choice in the garage door opener. I am buying my own as well and have been looking at the chamberlains. Good to know: Craftsman, Chamberlain, and Liftmaster are all made by Chamberlain and have interchangeable controls. I also plan on adding the MyQ controller, so I can monitor/control the opener with my smartphone.

    I look forward to following along.

    -Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your handscraped hickory a solid or engineered. I am now being told that they cannot do the one we selected unless you are building on a slab..? This doesn't make much sense to me as engineered is rated to be installed on any subfloor.

      Delete
    2. Ours (I'm Jon's wife) is an engineered hardwood, and we have a basement. The full name of it is Armstrong Rural Living Handscraped Hickory Engineered Hardwood - it was a level B hardwood in our area, as far as pricing goes.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately in our area they do not allow an Engineered Hardwood floor unless it is on a slab foundation. We had to change our flooring selection once again (we ended up changing several things). I will post the updated selections in the next couple of days. I've been busy with work the last few days.

    ReplyDelete